- 6 slices bacon
- 6 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese , grated or sliced thin
- 8 large flour tortillas
- salsa, sour cream and guacamole
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bacon slices and cook, turning once, until crisp and brown (or to your preference).
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Once cooled, chop into pieces.
- Wipe out a little of the bacon grease from the pan.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour eggs into skillet, season with salt and pepper and scramble until cooked. Remove to a plate.
- Cover one flour tortilla with a thin layer of shredded cheese.
- Top with some of the scrambled eggs and some chopped bacon.
- Top with some more shredded cheese and place another flour tortilla on top.
- Carefully set the quesadilla into the pan over medium heat. Cook until the cheese begins to slightly melt and the bottom tortilla is golden brown.
- Carefully flip to the other side and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Slice and serve warm with salsa, sour cream and guacamole, if desired.
Prepare and cook the quesadillas as directed. Allow to cool completely and then place in a freezer ziplock bag. When ready to eat, microwave them or place them on a hot skillet until warm.
|This article adapted from this site|