CHICKEN PARMESAN SLIDERS
Chicken Parmesan Sliders are sweet dinner rolls toasted with garlic butter and topped with Parmesan cheese. Slices of pan fried chicken, marinara sauce and piles of mozzarella cheese top this picture perfect slider. It is a simple recipe that is absolutely heavenly and party ready!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts (1 ½ lbs total), cut into 12 ‘½” steaks’
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 ounces grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package Kings Hawaiian Savory Butter Dinner Rolls
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place rolls on a cutting board, using a serrated knife cut rolls in half lengthwise (without breaking rolls apart). Open rolls and place tops on one side of a baking sheet and bottoms on the other side cut-side up.
- Melt butter in a small microwave-safe bowl, stir in garlic powder. Brush butter on cut side of bread. Bake bread for 8-10 minutes until bread is lightly golden brown.
- Prepare chicken by slicing the thickest part of the breast about ½” thick. Cut the thinner part of the breast into pieces slightly larger than the individual rolls.
- Meanwhile, warm a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 of salt and 1/2 of pepper. Cook until browned, flip and cook until cooked through, about 8 minutes total.
- Remove bread from oven. Carefully remove top halves of rolls and place on a plate. Set aside. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the bottom halves. Top with cooked chicken pieces. Drizzle each chicken piece with about 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Place top halves back on chicken. Cut into sliders, serve and enjoy!
This article adapted from this site