Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 3 zucchinis
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 lb. chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To prepare the zucchini, cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then use a spoon or melon baller to scoop the center flesh and seeds from the zucchini. Repeat for the remaining zucchini.
- Place the zucchini in a baking dish or cookie sheet cut-side up and lightly coat with cooking spray. Place in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until the zucchini cooks slightly and becomes tender.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the chicken, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken along with the seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Add the pasta sauce and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Scoop the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats. Top the chicken with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Return the zucchini boats to the oven for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will last about 3-4 days in the fridge.
Make Ahead: You can make the scoop out the flesh of the zucchini one day in advance to make the recipe quicker the day you're ready to eat it.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. If you'd like to substitute the chicken for ground chicken, turkey or even ground beef, that's totally fine.
|This article adapted from this site|