Country Fried Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp cayenne
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- canola oil for frying
- Mix flour, paprika, pepper, salt, and cayenne together in a shallow plate.
- Beat eggs and hot sauce together in a small bowl, transfer to a shallow plate.
- Lightly cover a pork chop in plastic wrap and bash it with the flat side of a meat hammer (from the middle outward) until it is half the thickness it was when you began.
- Repeat with other pork chops.
- Add enough oil in a heavy high sided pan (like a Dutch oven) to reach half way up the pork chop.
- Dredge each pork chop in flour, egg, then flour again and place on a rack. Allow to dry for about 5 minutes while your oil is heating.
- Pre-heat oil until it reaches 360 F.
- Carefully slip one pork chop into the oil and set a timer for 5 minutes. Ideally, you want the temperature to stay between 360-375 F so keep a close eye on it.
- When the timer beeps, carefully flip the pork chop over and fry for another 5 minutes. Remove and place on a paper towel covered plate.
- Repeat with the rest of the pork chops, adjusting the temperature as needed.
- Enjoy with more hot sauce.
This article adapted from this site