Crack Chicken And Rice Casserole
In love with the Crack Chicken recipe? You're going to LOVE this healthy Crack Chicken and Rice Casserole!
It's hearty and delicious, but it's still a healthy dinner option. This easy Crack Chicken Casserole is a healthy family dinner recipe with bacon and ranch flavors, and is also called Cracked out Chicken.
- 1.5 lbs. frozen chicken breast (frozen for Instant Pot method)
- 1 cup brown rice dry
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt 2%
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices turkey bacon cooked and chopped
- Place your frozen chicken in the Instant Pot insert. Add the garlic, onion powder, pepper, dill, and parsley.
- Next, pour your brown rice to the side of the chicken in the Instant Pot. Pour the broth over the rice.
- Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure using the manual setting for 25 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release.
- Remove the lid and shred the chicken with a fork or spoon. The chicken should break apart easily.
- While the chicken and rice are still hot stir in the cheese, turkey bacon, and plain Greek yogurt. If you want to garnish your chicken and rice save a little bacon and cheese to sprinkle on top later, if not mix it all in.
- Once the yogurt is mixed in well plate your crack chicken and rice, and garnish with cheese, bacon bits, and green onions.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat on the stove. Add the chicken, garlic, and seasonings. Give it a quick stir then add in 2 cup of chicken broth. Bring the broth to a boil. (You will need more broth to cook the rice on the stove since some will evaporate)
- Once the broth is boiling pour the rice into the skillet. Stir it make sure the rice is spread out.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Let the chicken and rice simmer for 40-50 minutes stirring occasional to avoid burning.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. While the chicken and rice are still hot mix in the cheese, bacon, and Greek yogurt. Let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- *You will need to defrost your chicken to make in a slow cooker. Your rice will turn out over cooked if you don't.
- Add the chicken, garlic, onion powder, pepper, dill, and parsley to your slow cooker insert. Mix it up so the chicken is covered in the seasoning then push the chicken to the side a bit to make room for the rice.
- Pour the brown rice next to the chicken and then cover with 1 1/2 cup chicken broth. The chicken will produce more liquid for the rice.
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on high heat for 2-3 hours until your rice and chicken are done.
- Remove the lid, break apart the chicken, and then mix in the cheese, bacon, and Greek yogurt.
- Let the crack chicken and rice settle for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serves 4 | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup (3/4 cup meat and 1/2 cup rice)
Full recipe counts for casserole: 9R, 2B, 4Y | Each serving counts as 2 1/4 red container, 1/2 blue container, 1 yellow container
2B Mindset: This makes a great lunch choice if you add in some fresh or steamed veggies on the side!
Weight Watchers: 8 points per serving (4 servings total) using fat free yogurt and low fat shredded cheese.
|This article adapted from this site|