Creamy Shrimp & Mozzarella Pasta
- 2 cups penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Chopped basil, to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook approximately 3 minutes on each side. Season with half the salt, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, basil and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 5 minutes and reduce to low heat. Return shrimp to the pan and add lemon juice and remaining salt. Add cooked pasta and basil and serve.
This article adapted from this site