Creamy Tomato Artichoke Chicken (Whole30, Paleo)
- 4 tsp. avocado oil divided
- 4 evenly sized chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. dried basil divided
- 2 tsp. salt divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts drained
- 1/2 cup coconut cream just the solid white part of a can of coconut milk or cream
- fresh parsley or basil chopped, for garnish
- Heat 2 tsp. avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp. dried basil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Season both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning mixture.
- Transfer chicken breasts to skillet and cook without moving, about 8 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown and releases easily. Flip and cook about 3 more minutes or until cooked through. Internal temperature should be about 161-162º F. Transfer cooked chicken breasts to a plate.
- Let skillet rest a couple minutes then return to stove. Heat 2 tsp. avocado oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine well and incorporate coconut cream. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or basil, if desired.
This article adapted from this site