Crockpot Pizza Casserole
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 14 oz pizza sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups spiral pasta
- 2 packages sliced pepperoni 3.5 ounces each
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skilled, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, pizza sauce and tomato paste.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a 5 qt slow cooker, layer a 1/3 of the pasta, beef mixture, pepperoni and cheese. Repeat 2 more times ending with cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Leftover Pizza Casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should keep well for three days. Or, you can freeze the leftovers. Completely cool the pasta and store it in freezer-safe containers for up to two months.
- Leftover pizza casserole will keep well in the refrigerator for up to three days. Or, if you freeze the leftovers, it will keep well for up to two months.
- You can customize this pizza pasta with different toppings! Depending on what you choose you want to make sure they toppings are cooked before they go in the crock pot.
- Instead of ground beef try Italian sausage.
- If you like it spicy try using hot Italian sausage. Just remove the sausage from the casings and cook it as you would the ground beef.
- Switch out the pepperoni for sliced Genoa salami. Or, try some Canadian bacon.
- If you want to add some veggies, just be sure to cook them on the stove first to soften them and remove their excess moisture. Bell peppers, red onions, spinach, and mushrooms would all work great.
- Try some different cheese - switch out the mozzarella for provolone and add some grated Parmesan, too.
This article adapted from this site