Easy Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits
Easy Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits is a simple weeknight dinner recipe using rotisserie chicken and Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits. These creamy chicken and dumplings are a hearty comfort food dish perfect for cold weather.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 8.5 oz canned peas and diced carrots
- 2 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 12 oz Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook butter and diced onions until onions are translucent.
- Add the flour to the pot and stir well.
- Continue cooking until the flour just starts to turn golden brown.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and stir really well.
- Add the cream and stir again.
- Bring the liquid to a boil. While waiting for the liquid to come to a boil cut the Pillsbury biscuits into quarters.
- Once the liquid is boiling add the peas and carrots (drain them first), shredded chicken, salt, pepper, onion powder and sage to the pot. Stir well.
- Add the pieces of biscuit dough to the pot and stir gently.
- Cover the pot and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Continue cooking the chicken and dumplings for 20 minutes while covered, stirring gently every 5 minutes to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
- After twenty minutes stir well and serve.
This article adapted from this site