Easy Lemon Tarts
These easy lemon tarts only have 3 ingredients and they're done in under 30 minutes. The perfect quick dessert for any party or any time a lemon craving hits.
- 1 16 ounce package sugar cookie dough (I used the Pillsbury break apart kind, but you can also use the roll) OR 1 recipe of your favorite prepared sugar cookie dough
- 1 about 8-10 ounces jar lemon curd
- Fresh fruit for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin pans with cooking spray that has flour in it.
- If using the break apart sugar cookie dough, break apart each square, roll into a ball, and press into the bottom and up the sides of each cavity of the mini muffin pan. If using a roll of cookie dough, use 1 tablespoon sized balls and do the same. (Same goes if you're using scratch cookie dough.)
- Bake cookie tarts for about 10 minutes, until they just start to turn golden around the edges. Cool, then remove from the pans carefully. They should pop out if you've sprayed the pan well, but using a butter knife to pop them out might help.
- Fill cooled cookies with lemon curd and top with a raspberry, blueberry, or strawberry. Store loosely covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This article adapted from this site