FETTUCCINI ALFREDO WITH SAUSAGE
This SAUSAGE ALFREDO recipe is a tasty mix of classic Fettuccine Alfredo and spicy Italian Sausage. A lot of fettuccine recipes feature chicken or seafood, but there just aren't enough Sausage Pasta Recipes out there. This Italian Sausage Pasta recipe is the perfect pasta dish for your next dinner!
- 1 pound dried fettuccine
- ½ pound hot Italian sausage
- 20-24 fresh sage leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmigiana Reggiano
- Cook fettuccine per package directions al dente.
- While the fettuccine cooks, heat a large skillet and add the oil. Heat the oil until it shimmers and fry the sage leaves (it only takes a few seconds), in batches, until all are fried. Leave the oil in the skillet and transfer the bay leaves to paper towels to dry.
- Separate the sausage into bite-size chunks and sauté them in the oil just until cooked through (don’t overcook or sear). Add the minced garlic and cook 15-30 seconds or until the garlic softens and blooms. Transfer the sausage to a plate and set aside.
- Pour off the fat from the skillet while trying to preserve as much garlic as possible. Add the cream and bring it to a low boil while scraping the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat and return the sausage to the skillet, and season with salt & pepper, to taste. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and place it on a large serving platter or bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta, toss gently and sprinkle on the fried sage leaves.
- Garnish with grated Parmigiana.
This article adapted from this site