Four Cheese Ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups Semolina Pasta Flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella whole milk, shredded
- 2 ounces parmesan grated
- 2 ounces pecorino grated
- 6 cloves roasted garlic about one full tablespoon
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 large egg
To make the pasta dough:
- Combine all pasta ingredients and mix together to make a stiff dough. Knead by hand or in a stand mixer with the dough hook on medium low speed for 10 minutes or until dough is elastic. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let rest for at least 20 minutes. On a lightly floured surface roll out to desired thickness and cut as desired.
To make the filling:
- Using a food processor, pulse the all of the ingredients together to fully mix.
- Use a ravioli press to add and seal one teaspoon of filling in between each pasta sheet. Dip finger in water and wet edges of pasta before adding second sheet to allow for a nicely sealed ravioli. Use a roller, gently pressing down, to seal them up. Be sure to heavily flour the outside of your pasta to enable easy release.
- Boil the ravioli in plenty of salted water until just done. This will only take a short time! The ravioli will float on the surface of the water when they are finished. Carefully remove and drain. Serve with warm marinara sauce and a generous amount of grated Parmesan cheese.
makes 6 dozen raviolis
This article adapted from this site