Garlic Broccoli Stir Fry
Broccoli Stir Fry:
- 1 tablespoon oil (*see recipe notes)
- 1 onion diced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Black pepper & sea salt to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 medium head of broccoli cut into small florets (450 g)
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth (80 ml)
- One 15 oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- Cooked rice of choice for serving
- 1/2 cup of water (120 ml)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or any other sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, garlic, and all spices. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and vegetable broth. Fry until the broccoli is tender but not soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: In a medium bowl, combine water, soy sauce, vinegar, maple syrup, and cornstarch. Whisk.
- Pour the sauce in the pan and add chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil until the sauce simmers. Fry for a further few minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more salt/pepper/cayenne pepper if needed.
- Serve alone or with cooked rice. Enjoy!
- Please note that restaurant stir fry recipes contain a lot of oil. If you aren't used to low-fat cooking, you might not like this healthier stir fry version. If you don't mind oil, feel free to add more oil to taste. 🙂
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving (without rice).
This article adapted from this site