- 12 gluten-free corn tortillas
- 2, 15oz. cans gluten-free red enchilada sauce
- 16oz. can of refriend beans, heated (optional)
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2-4 cups of shredded chedder cheese (or dairy-free cheese or cheese of choice)
- Make sure you have all your ingredients ready to assemble.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F and spray a large baking pan with oil. You can use your oil of choice. This helps prevent sticking.
- If you use the Don Poncho corn tortillas you wont need to heat your tortillas. If you use a firmer brand, heat them in stacks of 6 in the microwave with a damp paper towel over them for 30 seconds. This will help them become more pliable for rolling.
- Pour some enchilada sauce onto a plate or pie plate and dip your tortilla into it. Flip it to coat the other side.
- Add a spoonful of refried beans (optional) to the center and spread it.
- Add a heaping spoonful of cooked chicken and then top with shredded cheese.
- Carefully roll the tortilla from one side and then place it into your pan. The tortilla may break a little. That's okay, your going to cover it with more enchilada sauce and cheese. No one will notice.
- Once you have all your enchiladas rolled and tucked into your pan, drizzle more enchilada sauce over the top and then top with shredded cheese.
- Depending on how full you stuff your enchiladas you make end up with leftover ingredients.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the centers are heated and the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
This article adapted from this site