Homemade Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 drops red gel food coloring (optional)
- Add all the ingredients, except food coloring to a medium saucepan and whisk to combine until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Place it on the stove over medium heat.
- Stir or whisk well until it comes to a light boil.
- Keep stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust for sugar and tanginess. For a more pronounced red color, add a few drops of red gel food coloring.
- Remove the sauce from heat when it thickened and it coats the back of a spoon.
- Let the sauce cool before serving.
This article adapted from this site