Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This is one of the tastiest things to make in your instant pot, and it's so EASY! It's deliciously creamy, amazingly hearty and just perfectly satisfying. A recipe you'll want on repeat.
- 1 (32 oz) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes with herbs, drained and dab excess oil off with paper towels, chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 oz uncooked campanelle pasta
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. light cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 1 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (use fresh shredded)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In an instant pot insert stir together broth, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper (season with more at the end if needed).
- Stir in chicken and pasta (and try to submerge down into broth).
- Secure the lid in place, be sure pressure valve is set to "sealing" position. Select the "manual" setting or high pressure and set to 5 minutes.
- After the time is up select "cancel" then use the quick release method to release pressure - which is to carefully turn the valve to "venting" position and step back as steam will release.
- Once it stops sputtering open lid and immediately stir noodles to separate then stir in spinach, light cream cheese and parmesan.
- Toss well. Let rest for about 5 - 10 minutes to thicken (it will seem like soup at first but as it rests and cools it will thicken right up).
- Toss in basil just before serving and serve warm (you can also garnish with a few diced sun dried tomatoes if desired).
- Recipe source: adapted from Betty Crocker with some changes
This article adapted from this site