migas: all day every day
Migas – eggs scrambled with crispy tortillas, garlic, jalapeño, and melted cheese served with black beans and avocado. Quick, easy, and SO DELICIOUS. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or brunch!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 5–6 small corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Pepperjack or other cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
- black beans, Cotija cheese, salt, pepper, avocado, tomato salsa for serving
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tortillas and fry, stirring frequently, until very browned and crispy (see picture).
- Turn down the heat and let things cool down a little bit. Add the jalapeño and garlic. After a minute or two, add the eggs about 1/4 cup at a time, pushing the eggs around gently in the pan after each addition until all eggs have been added and all the eggs are almost all fully cooked but not quite. Season with salt.
- Remove from heat (the eggs will finish cooking off the heat) and stir in the cheese and cilantro. Serve with all the usual suspects. Black beans, avocado, salsa, cheese, salt, pepper, or hot sauce.
This article adapted from this site