OLIVE GARDEN COPYCAT CHICKEN VINO BIANCO
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Parmesano Vino Bianco recipe with a creamy Parmesan white wine cream sauce so delicious it may transport you to Italy. A daydream trip to Venice, Italy is just 30 minutes away with this amazing Olive Garden Copycat Chicken Vino Bianco served over the most amazing linguine. Loaded with the most amazing flavor combinations, this is a must on your meal plan menu. A simple recipe ready in just 30 minutes makes this recipe a keeper.
- 1/2 pound dried linguine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, grated
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup white wine, (I used Chardonnay)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, chopped (divided)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced (divided)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add linguine. Cook until al dente (tender but still with a bite to it), about 8-10 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain pasta, set aside.
- Meanwhile: in a pie plate or shallow dish, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Stir with a fork to blend. Place the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, one at a time. Press into the mixture with tongs and flip the chicken over to coat the other side. Shake off the excess.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place all 4 chicken breasts in the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, turning once between cooking, about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add butter, onion and garlic to pan. Cook until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup remaining flour to pan and whisk to combine. Add cream, lemon juice, wine, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Whisk until mixture is smooth. Add up to 1 cup of pasta water to help create the sauce.
- Add cooked pasta, half of scallions and half of tomatoes, stir to combine. Return chicken to skillet and allow it to warm. Sprinkle remaining scallions and tomatoes on top of skillet.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you are sensitive to alcohol you can substitute chicken stock for the wine.
This article adapted from this site