Ultimate Beef and Cheese Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups tater tots
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place tater tots on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake until golden brown and crispy.
- In medium-sized skillet, cook diced onion and ground beef in two tablespoons cooking oil. Cook until beef is no longer pink and onions are tender.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup water and continue cooking for two minutes on low.
- In medium saucepan, bring chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk to a low boil. Stir chicken seasoning, flour, salt and paprika in small bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the remaining one cup milk and whisk until smooth. Add milky, seasoned mixture to the saucepan. Continue to cook on low for 5 minutes and stir or whisk continually.
- Remove from heat.
- Place ground beef mixture in bottom of 11 x 7 baking pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top.
- Place tater tots on top of cheese.
- Pour cream of chicken mixture over tater tots and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Enjoy!
This article adapted from this site