Amazing Keto Garlic Knots
Better than garlic bread, rolls, or breadsticks! These keto garlic knots are the perfect cheesy garlic appetizer for anyone on a low carb or gluten free diet.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz wt.)
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour (3 oz wt.)
- 4 tbsp cream cheese (2 oz wt. or quarter of standard 8 oz wt. brick)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- vegetable oil spray
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine all dry ingredients (almond flour, garlic, oregano, baking powder, salt) until well-mixed.
- Add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to the same bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 45 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Stir until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
- Add the egg, stirring it in until absorbed and well-mixed. If easier, use your hands to knead once the dough is cool enough to handle.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a log about 9 inches long, and form into a knot-like shape. Place the knots at least 1 inch apart on the prepared lined baking sheet. Spray the tops with vegetable oil.
- Bake at 375 F until lightly golden on top, about 15 minutes. Remove the garlic knots from the oven. Set the broiler on high.
- In a small bowl, add butter and minced garlic. Microwave until melted. Brush the garlic butter over the tops of the garlic knots. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Return the garlic knots to the oven and broil until golden brown on top, about a minute. Monitor them while broiling because they can easily burn. Serve while hot.
|This article adapted from this site|