BLUEBERRY BREAD PUDDING
Blueberry Bread Pudding is dreamy comfort food that’s so attractive and surprisingly simple to make with only 10 minutes of prep. Serve this bread pudding recipe warm out of the oven for a breakfast, brunch or dessert the whole family will love. Plus video tutorial!
- 3 large croissants, or plain bread
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar, see note
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla, or almond extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar, optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Grease a 9-inch / 22 cm square baking pan and set aside.
- On a cutting board, cut bread roughly into 1-inch pieces.
- Place bread into prepared pan and sprinkle blueberries evenly across the top.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla together until smooth.
- While blending, gradually add the milk to make a batter of pourable consistency.
- Pour batter evenly on top of bread pieces and blueberries.
- Bake for 30-40 min until puffy and golden. Check halfway through and cover lightly with foil if the bread is browning too much.
- Remove from the oven set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Dust with optional powdered sugar. Serve & enjoy!
- While any baking pan will work, I prefer using a heavy enameled pan for even heat distribution.
- You can use less sugar such as 1/2 cup if you prefer.
|This article adapted from this site|