Chicken Caprese is a quick and healthy dinner recipe. Seasoned chicken breast that is grilled and topped with Mozzarella, tomato, basil and a balsamic reduction.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- 4 thick slices of ripe tomato
- 4 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese sliced into 4 slices
- ¼ c. balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction
- ¼ c. thinly sliced basil
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil. Sprinkle over the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- When chicken is done top with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and place chicken breasts on a plate. Top each breast with 1 slice of tomato, thinly sliced basil and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
- Pound out your chicken breasts to an even thickness to ensure even cooking. This will help to cook them evenly and a thinner side won't be dry and overcooked or the thicker side won't be cooked through.
- Make certain to slice the cheese and the tomatoes thick so that the flavors stay strong with the taste of the chicken!
- Using fresh mozzarella is the key to really bringing out that caprese taste and flavor.
- To make a balsamic reduction, simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it has reduced by 1/2.
|This article adapted from this site|