COUNTRY BREAKFAST SKILLET
- ¾ lb bacon (about 12 slices)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- ½ cup chopped green peppers
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces and place in skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring often, until bacon is crisp. Carefully drain off about ½ the fat and return to stovetop.
- Add potatoes and peppers to the skillet and cook for about 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Now empty the bacon, potato and pepper mixture into a bowl and set aside. Return the skillet to stovetop.
- Crack 4 eggs, separately into skillet and let cook for about 1 minute, until egg whites set. Don't stir.
- Now carefully spoon the potato, pepper, bacon mixture around the eggs, sprinkle in the cheese and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat, sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste and toss on some freshly chopped parsley. Serve right out of the skillet!
|This article adapted from this site|