Healthy Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
Healthy Greek chicken pasta salad recipe- whether you're heading for a picnic, a potluck, or meal prepping your lunches ahead, this salad is perfect for you! Tastes even better after the flavors marinate together for a day or two.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 8 oz penne uncooked
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 2 cups broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 cups cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill (dry)
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Toss chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip and bake for 10-15 more minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow chicken to cool before cutting into cubes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain and rinse under cold water. Allow to cool.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shake together the vinaigrette and toss everything to coat.
- Allow to marinate for several hours before enjoying. Serve cold.
Meal Prep Instructions:
- Portion out into 2 compartment containers and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serve cold.
Nutritional information is for 1/8 of the batch, which is a meal sized portion. If you'd like to serve this as a side, omit the chicken and you'll probably end up with 10-12 side portions
|This article adapted from this site|