How to Make Banana Nice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas
- Splash of milk as needed cow’s or plant-based
- Freeze: Peel and chop bananas into chunks. Lay in a single layer on a parchment-lined plate. Freeze until solid (at least 2 hours).
- Blend: Allow bananas to thaw for 5 minutes, then transfer to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides and adding a splash of milk as needed.
- Flavor: Optionally add ingredients to make your chosen flavor (see ideas above).
- Serve: Serve as from the blender for a soft serve consistency. For a firmer texture, transfer to a deep dish and freeze for 30 minutes, until firm.
Some of our favorite nice cream flavors:
- Vanilla Nice Cream: Use the base recipe below, adding 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Tropical Nice Cream: Use 3 frozen bananas, 1/2 cup frozen mango, and 1/2 cup frozen pineapple. Instead of using milk to blend, add a splash of orange or pineapple juice.
- Mocha Nice Cream: Use the base recipe below, adding 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp instant coffee, and a handful of chocolate chips.
- Strawberry Nice Cream: Use 3 frozen bananas and 1 cup frozen strawberries (or cherries!)
- Raspberry Basil Nice Cream: Use 3 frozen bananas and 1 cup frozen raspberries, adding 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil.
|This article adapted from this site|