INSTANT POT SOUR CREAM PORK CHOPS
- 1 tablespoon butter, or coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, cut into slim wedges
- 4 boneless pork chops, a cut from the blade preferred as it is fattier
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot, OR organic cornstarch OR 1/4 teaspoon glucomannan
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Brown onions and pork: Set instant pot to sauté. Add butter and cook onions until softened. Push to one side and add chops to brown. Season with salt and pepper as they cook.
- Add sauce: Switch off instant pot. Add beef stock and Worcestershire sauce, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the instant pot.
- Pressure cook: Close instant pot and set valve to sealing. Choose “pressure cook” for 8 minutes. After cooking time is up, do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure and open.
- Thicken: For a thicker sauce, remove chops form instant pot and cover to keep warm. Set instant pot to sauté and simmer sauce for a few minutes. If desired, add a slurry of arrowroot and water (or your preferred thickener).
- Add cream: Switch off instant pot and let it cool down for a few seconds. Stir in sour cream. Serve sauce over chops.
|This article adapted from this site|