Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu
An easy and delicious low carb cordon bleu chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese inside, and coated with almond flour and Parmesan outside.
- 1 pcs chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 1 lemon optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 slices smoked ham
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- lettuce for serving
- Butterfly the chicken breast and season it with lemon juice. Set aside for 3 minutes then let dry.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Slice the cheese and ham enough to cover the chicken.
- Lay the ham and cheese slices on top of chicken breast. Carefully roll the chicken, tuck the ends inside, and finally hold the pieces together with a toothpick.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken in the pan for 5 minutes per side until there are no more pink spots on the chicken.
- Beat an egg in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine almond flour with Parmesan.
- Brush cooked chicken with beaten egg and coat with almond-parmesan mix. Return to the pan and fry for an additional two minutes per side, until golden and crispy.
- Let it sit for additional 2 minutes before removing the toothpick. Lay the chicken on top of a bed of lettuce and serve.
Note: We find that by coating the breast with the egg, it helps make the almond flour and parmesan stick around the breast surface better. The reason we do the coating last is because almond flour tends to burn quicker than wheat flour or breadcrumbs. So if you coat the raw chicken in the beginning instead of after cooking it, the almond flour coating might get burnt before the chicken breast gets cooked thoroughly.
|This article adapted from this site|