Keto Low Carb Chinese Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry (Paleo + Dairy-Free)
Keto Low Carb Chinese Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry (Paleo + Dairy-Free) is a quick and easy, healthy recipe that will illustrate how to make low carb Chinese food, beef and broccoli, and steak stir fry sauce. This recipe ditches the carbs and is made with sirloin steak, ginger, sesame oil, aminos, and paired with fried cauliflower rice.
- 1 pound steak (sirloin or skirt) Pro tip, if you want to save time slicing the steak, purchase sirloin tips.
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos (strict keto) or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Grill Mates Steak Rub
- salt and pepper to taste
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Beef Base I prefer the flavor of Better Than Bouillon. You can also use 1/3 cup of beef broth and omit the 1/3 cup of water below.
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoon coconut aminos (strict keto) or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon zero-calorie brown sweetener I used Swerve
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger I used Trader Joe's ginger paste, you can use fresh or dried
- 2 garlic cloves, minced I used fresh
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, chopped You can also use frozen, steamable broccoli.
- 1 teaspoon butter (omit if paleo)
- 2 1/2 cups riced cauliflower I used frozen
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- crushed red pepper flakes (also for spicy)
- sesame seeds
- Slice the steak into thin strips.
- Season the steak with all of the marinade ingredients. Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour to overnight. The longer you marinate the steak, the more flavor it will have.
Steam the Broccoli
- While the steak marinates, boil an inch of water in a saucepan on high heat.
- Add the chopped broccoli to the saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cover the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
Stir Fry Sauce
- Add the hot water to a medium bowl. Add the Better than Bouillon Beef base to the hot water. Allow it to sit for 1 minute and then stir.
- Add the liquid aminos (or soy sauce), brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger to the bowl. Stir.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Heat the butter in a wok or skillet on medium-high heat. When the butter melts, add the marinated, sliced steak.
- Cook the steak, flipping it for 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add in the stir fry sauce and steamed broccoli. Stir and ensure the steak and broccoli are fully coated in sauce. Cook until the steak reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees.
- Remove the beef and broccoli from the wok or skillet. Add the riced cauliflower to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Remove the riced cauliflower and serve it alongside the beef and broccoli.
If you would like to lower the net carbs in this recipe, you can reduce the amount of riced cauliflower.
I used the frozen riced cauliflower from Trader Joe's in this recipe. I allowed it to thaw some at room temperature while I prepared most of this dish.
If you would like more stir fry sauce, you can add additional water and Better Than Bouillon Beef flavor. If you would like 3/4 cup of sauce (vs the 1/3 cup used in this recipe) use 3/4 cup water and 1 1/2 teaspoons of Better Than Bouillon flavor.
If you use frozen broccoli, steam it first.
If you prefer a sweeter stir fry sauce, add more zero-carb brown sugar.
This dish is freezer friendly.
|This article adapted from this site|