Low Carb Buddha Bowls
- 2 small sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts fresh or thawed and sliced in half
- 12 oz frozen plain cauliflower rice
- 1 package Chicken Apple Sausage casing removed and sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp Organic, low sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp low sodium seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin organic olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Pure Sesame Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel both sweet potatoes, then cut into bite sized chunks.
- Wash and slice Brussels sprouts in half, making sure to thaw them first if they were frozen.
- Place the vegetables on baking sheet, then sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Remove the casing from the chicken sausage and cut each sausage link into bite-sized rounds.
- Place the chicken sausage on the sheet pan along with the vegetables and roast for 20 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- While the veggies and sausage cooks, pour 1 tablespoon of sesame oil into a large skillet and heat on medium heat until the oil is hot.
- Add the frozen riced cauliflower to the oiled skillet and season with seasoned salt and beef broth.
- Stir the cauliflower rice while cooking, until it is cooked through and tender. (About 3-5 minutes).
- Remove the roasted veggies and sausage from the oven and assemble the low carb Buddha bowls with equal parts roasted veggies, chicken sausage, and riced cauliflower.
- Enjoy the Buddha bowl as-is or drizzle with balsamic vinegar or your favorite sauce.
|This article adapted from this site|