Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal
This Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal is filled with wholesome oats, studded with chopped pecans and lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup. Fancy enough to serve for brunch, but awesome as a make-ahead breakfast for the week as well.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg (or 1 Tablespoon flaxseed)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, half the pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add in the milk, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and bananas. Stir well to combine.
- Carefully pour oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Scatter the remaining pecans across the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is nicely golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion and serve. Drizzle each portion with maple syrup if you want it a bit sweeter.
|This article adapted from this site|