PAN FRIED CINNAMON BANANAS
- 2 bananas Slightly Overripe
- 2 tablespoons sugar (you can substitute granulated Splenda, if you like)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Slice the bananas into rounds, approximately 1/3 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg (if desired). Set aside.
- Lightly spray a large skillet with nonstick oil spray. Warm over medium heat.
- Add the banana rounds and sprinkle 1/2 of the cinnamon mixture on top.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the rounds, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mixture
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes until the bananas are soft and warmed through.
- Slightly overripe bananas work best. If your bananas are too overripe, they will still taste good but they will be mushy.
- If they start to get too soft, they are done. Be careful to not overcook them!
- The quality of the oil can affect how the banana rounds taste, so make sure yur oil is fresh and a good quality brand.
- You can substitute granulated Splenda (or equivalent), however white sugar works best.
|This article adapted from this site|