QUINOA CHOCOLATE BROWNIE - 4 INGREDIENTS
Healthy quinoa brownies that are made from just 4 wholefood ingredients. Naturally free of dairy, eggs, refined sugar, oil wheat, butter and gluten. These healthy gluten free brownies are sweetened just with dried fruit. The fruit adds fibre and nutrition that is slowly released.
- 3/4 cup / 160g Quinoa
- 1 2/3 cups / 250g Raisins
- 3 tbsp Cocoa
- 3/4 cup / 115g Hazelnuts
- 1 1/4 cups / 300 ml water + water for soaking
- Soak the quinoa for half an hour.
- Drain the quinoa and preheat oven to 190C / 375F.
- Add the cocoa, fresh water, and 1 cup of the raisins (remaining raisins are for the frosting) to your blender and blend for 3 minutes until the quinoa is all broken.
- Pour the quinoa brownie batter into a lined pan that’s about 30 by 22 cm.
- Bake for 50 minutes then take brownies out of the oven and leave for 10 mins to firm up.
- Blend together the hazelnuts and the remaining raisins until they stick together into a ball. Stop blending if the motor is struggling – this frosting isn’t supposed to be smooth.
- Remove the quinoa brownie base from the pan and dollop on the hazelnut mixture.
- The hazelnut mixture is firm so you will need to use a knife or your fingers to spread a layer on top.
- Garnish this gluten free brownie with fruit if you like and it will keep for about 5 days. Best stored in the fridge and can be frozen to last for months.
|This article adapted from this site|