Salsa Fresca Chicken
This Salsa Fresca Chicken is packed full of bold Tex-Mex flavors but still a light and wholesome dish. It is smothered in fresh tomatoes, cilantro, sweet onion, and of course Monterey Jack cheese. It comes together easily for a quick weeknight meal and since it is made in one dish it can be cleaned up easily as well.
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh pico de gallo
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Lay the chicken flat in a large baking dish and sprinkle evenly with the cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover chicken with the pico then top with cheese.
- Bake on middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165˚F.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve hot with your favorite side dish.
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be placed in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
|This article adapted from this site|