Tempura Fried Ice Cream
for 6 servings
2 pt ice cream (690 g)
11 oz pound cake (310 g), 2 loaves
1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
1 cup cold water (235 g)
oil, for frying
- Scoop out 6 balls of ice cream onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and freeze for at least an hour, or until firm.
- Slice pound cake into 1-2 inch (2 ½-5 cm) slices.
- Lay three slices of pound cake on plastic wrap side by side and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Wrap frozen ice cream ball in pound cake so it’s fully enclosed. Freeze for at least an hour, or until firm.
- Make tempura batter by mixing flour, egg, and water a little at a time.
- Heat oil to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Coat the wrapped ice cream in tempura batter.
- Carefully lower the coated ice cream into the oil and cook until golden brown, 15-30 seconds. Don’t cook for too long or else the ice cream will melt.
- Remove excess oil by patting with a paper towel.
- Serve immediately with your toppings of choice.
- Nutrition Calories: 1322 Fat: 101 grams Carbs: 95 grams Fiber: 3 grams Sugars: 52 grams Protein: 10 grams
|This article adapted from this site|