Tiramisu Chocolate Mousse
- 36 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons brewed espresso, cold
- 1 tablespoon rum, cold
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 cups cold whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Crush cookies in a bag and set aside.
2. Mix cold espresso and rum in a small bowl. Mix in gelatin and let stand for 2 minutes.
3. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
4. Mix sugar and cocoa in large bowl.
5. Add whipping cream and vanilla. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until stiff.
6. Pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well-blended.
7. Add ½-inch layers of crushed cookies to dessert dishes, then scoop mousse into dishes and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
8. While mousse is chilling, whip cream in a cold bowl until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone and sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
9. Scoop a dollop of whipped cream on top of the mousse and sprinkle with extra cocoa powder.
|This article adapted from this site|