APPLE PIE TACOS RECIPE
These easy Apple Pie Tacos have a delicious cinnamon sugary apple filling in a crispy and sweet taco, drizzled with caramel sauce, and then topped with whipped cream!
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce, optional
- whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Set aside a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 4-5 circles from each tortilla. Repeat until you have about 20 in total.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons melted butter with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Place one tortilla circle into the bowl and toss until coated. Repeat for the remaining circles.
- Flip the muffin tin upside down. Insert one tortilla piece in between every two muffin cups until all tacos are in place.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the chopped apples with lemon juice and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add the apple mixture and sauté for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Remove tacos from oven and spoon apple mixture into them. Top with optional caramel sauce and whipped cream to serve.
- * You can substitute a canned apple pie filling if you wish. Use a 21-ounce can and chop roughly into pieces before use.
- Make ahead tip: You can bake the taco shells and prepare the filling one day in advance. When it's time to serve, warm the filling and assemble the tacos.
|This article adapted from this site|