Crispy Black Bean Tacos with Avocado - Lime Sauce
for the tacos:
- 3 cups Best Ever Mexican Black Beans (click link for recipe)
- 3/4 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4-6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
for the sauce:
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, thick stems removed
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
Make the Sauce:
- Add all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Make the Tacos:
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add two tortillas to the skillet and allow them to heat in the oil for about 10 seconds.
- Cover one side of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of beans, and top beans with 1 tablespoon Mexican Cheese Blend.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the tortilla in half, on top of itself and press down with the spatula to shape the taco.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, then using a spatula flip the tacos and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Continue the process until all the tacos are done, adding additional oil as the pan dries out.
- Serve immediately.
|This article adapted from this site|