healthy baked turkey enchiladas
- 1 1/2 pounds of Jennie- 0 Lean ground turkey breast or fat-free turkey breast
- 1/2 a small onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced into fine pieces
- 1 cup of tomato sauce (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cans of enchilada sauce (hot or mild)
- 10 6 in flour tortillas
- 8 oz of low-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground turkey in a pan until it’s no longer pink. Drain any extra fat. Add in zucchini, onion, garlic, and cook for 5 minutes. If you don’t like to chop your vegetables and want to save some time, add them to a food processor and have that do all the work for you. Please note, in the recipe video, I cook the onions and zucchini first and then ADD in the turkey. You can do it either way.
- In a bowl add in enchilada sauce and 1 cup of tomato sauce. Tomato sauce is optional. Add half of the sauce into the pan and reserve the rest of the sauce for the top of the enchiladas.
- Place about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto a flour tortilla and roll it up like a burrito and lay seam-side down in a 9 X 13 baking dish. When all flour tortillas are done spray with cooking spray. If there are any extra turkey and vegetable mixture leftover, you can add that to the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Cook enchiladas for 20 – 25 minutes. Take out of the oven. Serve with some salsa or sour cream.
- Makes 10 enchiladas. Serving size: 1 enchilada.
- myWW points: Blue 6; Green 7; Purple 6
- Points will vary depending on what type of tortilla you use. For this recipe, I used 6 inch flour tortillas when plugging ingredients into a recipe builder.
|This article adapted from this site|