World’s Best Tzatziki Recipe
This is the best tzatziki recipe! Refreshing cucumber, creamy Greek yogurt, and zingy lemon make it the perfect condiment for just about everything.
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt 480 g, can use dairy-free
- 1 cup shredded or diced cucumber 200 g
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice or white wine vinegar 30 mL
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thicken yogurt: Strain yogurt using a cheesecloth or paper towel for 30 minutes to 3 hours to remove excess moisture (can skip this step if you're in a hurry).
- Prep cucumber: Meanwhile, sprinkle a pinch of salt onto shredded or diced cucumber and spoon into cheesecloth or paper towels. Let sit for a few minutes then wring it out to draw out moisture.
- Mix: Mix together yogurt, cucumber, dill, garlic, and lemon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a touch of extra-virgin olive oil for flavor and shine.
- Serve with pita, veggies, on Roasted Chickpea Gyros, or really anything!
- The flavors become less tangy as you let them sit, so your tzatziki might just be best the next day. The gift that keeps on giving.
|This article adapted from this site|