Chicken & Tomato–Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Ingredientsfor 4 servings
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz spinach (225 g)
- 24 oz marinara sauce (680 g), 1 jar
- ½ cup fresh basil (20 g)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- With a sharp knife, slice the squash in half. (If the squash is too tough - puncture in several places forming a dotted line around the squash. Microwave 3-5 minutes to soften. Allow to cool before cutting in half - following the dotted line).
- Scoop out the seeds, brush with oil, salt, and pepper, and place face down on a baking tray. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce the skin.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add chicken breasts (seasoned with salt and pepper) and garlic, and fully cook.
- Add tomatoes and spinach. Cook until spinach has wilted. Add marinara sauce.
- Stack the basil leaves and roll them up. Cut into slices and add to pan.
- Add crushed red pepper, and stir until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Once the squash has finished roasting, remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before turning over and pulling at it with a fork. (Careful, there will be some steam!)
- Shred the inside of each squash, being careful not to poke through the skin. Pour the sauce over the shredded squash, top with fresh basil, and serve.
|Read Full Recipe ---> Click Here|