Cream Cheese PastaHere I'll show you a secret tip to getting truly creamy Cream Cheese Pasta without the sauce drying up. With just 5 ingredients, this easy pasta dish is a total winner!
Ingredients (check list):
- 7oz / 200g Spaghetti
- 3.5oz / 100g Cream Cheese
- 3.5oz / 100g Ham, chopped (could sub chicken/bacon/mushrooms)
- 1/3 cup / 20g Parmesan, grated (plus extra to serve)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 clove of Garlic, finely diced
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for frying
- Cook your spaghetti in salted boiling water until al dente. Right before draining, reserve a cup of starchy pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a pan heat a drizzle of olive oil over a medium flame and fry your garlic and ham for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Melt in your butter, then stir about 1/3 cup of starchy pasta water. Quickly whisk in a circular motion to create an emulsion and combine the starchy water with the butter.
- Stir in your cream cheese then add your parmesan. Season to taste then add your spaghetti. Toss through the sauce, using your starchy water to thin out as needed.
- Serve with extra helpings of parmesan. Enjoy!
Notes:a) What Cream Cheese to use? - I use Philadelphia (not sponsored) but use a good quality brand. The cream cheese is the main event so don't skimp out on something keep and nasty.
b) What much pasta water to use? - Start off with 1/3 cup to create the emulsion, add in all of your other ingredients and then adjust accordingly.
c) Calories - based on using 1 tsp olive oil for frying and shared between 2 people.
|Read Full Recipe ---> Click Here|